Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp
With the weakest climbing performance and the least long-distance comfort in the entire test field, the Specialized S-Works Turbo Kenevo SL stood no chance of winning our 2022 eMTB group test. On the other hand, Specialized’s E-bruiser delivers an...
- modular battery concept
- system integration
- extremely composed at high speed
- 'S' sizing concept doesn't really work
- the spec doesn't do justice to the intended application
The Kenevo SL might be very, very expensive, but it manages to bridge the gap between regular bike and full-blown e-MTB brilliantly. Seatpost insertion depth is an issue, but otherwise, this could well be the bike we’ve all been waiting for
- Superb handling – more regular bike than e-MTB; motor is smooth and Mission Control app adds adjustability; great, adjustable geometry; balanced, very capable suspension
- The cost is seriously prohibitive (even the cheapest Comp model is £7k); not enough seatpost insertion depth and can’t get post low enough in the frame
The S-Works Kenevo SL enters our group test with extra motor power but also extra weight. Specialized’s Light eMTB steams past the competition on the climbs and shines with its smooth, intuitive handling and excellent traction when you point its nose down...
- intuitive handling
- motor support without major drawbacks downhil
- long seat tube and short insertion depth limit freedom of movement
- flimsy tire casing combined with carbon rims
- shock bottoms out too easily
The Specialized S-Works Turbo Kenevo SL works its magic in many different ways, but at the root of them all is its superb blend of stability and agility.
- Can hang with the best enduro bikes on the descents and leave them for dead on the climbs. Unobtrusive motor accentuates the positives. Six unique geometry settings
- Battery can’t be removed easily. Limited seat post insertion. It’s a decent deposit on a house.
2022 Specialized Kenevo SL Review Want more laps? The Kenevo SL may just be your ticket.
- Exceptionally balanced, descent orientated geometry.
- Updated firmware smoothes out pedal assist / cut out.
- Efficient transfer of power/efficency.
- Agile and maneuverable descending
- Active suspension platform keeps bike tracking straight.
- Over-the-air firmware updates
- Regardless of geometry adjustment, low bottom bracket/low hung weight increases pedal strikes.
- 200mm rear rotor poorly regulate heat / brake fade on long, demanding descents.
- Specialized Roval Traverse wheels not keen on heavy use.
After a few days of pure XC and then all out Enduro riding, Specialized had something different in mind for our final day in Tahoe. This would not only be the longest ride of the week, but it would have the most climbing – and it would all be done on an...
With the Specialized Kenevo SL, the premium manufacturer presents a powerful e-enduro with 170 mm suspension travel and only just over 18 kilograms in weight in the top equipment. The riding characteristics are impressive, because this light e-mtb smooths out every terrain.
- geringes Gewicht
- Fahrwerk mit massiven Reserven
- agil und leichtfüßig im Handling
- Geometrie nach S-Sizing-Konzept
- Range Extender
- fest verbauter Akku
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Geometry Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp
What material is the frame of the Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp?
The Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Comp ist crafted with Carbon
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Specialized?
The SRP Price is our information at 7900 EUR