Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert
The Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert is a top-of-the-line bike designed for speed, with an aerodynamic shape and a lightweight, carbon frame that delivers the best ride characteristics. It features Shimano Ultegra R8170 hydraulic disc brakes and a Di2 Shimano Ultegra R8150, 12-speed rear derailleur, along with S-Works Turbo tires with BlackBelt protection. The bike has garnered top reviews from bike magazines and has a high resale value. With its threaded BB and flat-mount disc wheels, the Tarmac SL7 Expert is one of the best bikes available for serious riders.
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7 road bike in review. How does it fare in a direct comparison with the 4 fastest race bikes of the 2021 season?
- highest efficiency on the flats and fast everywhere else
- best handling in the test
- not just for professionals and good-natured enough for less experienced riders
- coherent overall package
- rattling SRAM shift levers
- highest susceptibility to crosswinds in the test
- less comfortable than the competitors and than the Tarmac SL6
The Tarmac SL7 is a great frame, even when made from lower-grade carbon and specced with Ultegra rather than Dura-Ace, but the budget aluminium wheels could be a cut too far for customers paying £5,250 for this bike.
- Ride quality
- Threaded BB
- Cockpit integration
- Budget wheels
Cyclist team up with Giro to give away some of its leading products.
Eye-watering price but an exceptional performance
The Tarmac SL7 is a thoroughbred race bike with a dedicated focus on being fast, perhaps better described as a lightweight Venge, but it's let down by lack of tubeless wheels
- +Aerodynamics and power transfer on par with Venge
- +Weight (6.89kg tested, size 58cm)
- -Non-tubeless wheels
- -Harsher ride than Tarmac SL6
- -Huge price
The S-Works Tarmac is a stunning race bike that will reward the strongest riders, but it’s arguably overkill for most of us
- Racy, exciting ride, supremely efficient-feeling frame, gorgeous finish, huge spec
- Mind-bending price tag, non-tubeless wheels, ride will be too focused for some
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Geometry Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert
What material is the frame of the Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert?
The Specialized Tarmac SL7 Expert ist crafted with Carbon. The wheels of this bike are made of carbon!
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Specialized?
The SRP Price is our information at 7000 EUR