YT Capra 29 CORE 2
Long-Term Review - YT Capra Core 4 The YT Capra delivers an awesome ride at a solid price.
- Versatile for a big 29er
- Easy to get a long with
- Well-balanced feel
- Loves to jump
- Great value for the money
- Agile, quick steering
- Silly-short dropper post
- EXO tire casing is too light for this bike
The Capra Mk III Core 2 strikes an almost perfect price-to-performance ratio for the cash-conscious enduro rider
- Easy to set up; supportive suspension; intuitive ride feel and addictive cornering
- Geometry could be slacker, lower, and longer; tyre casings thin for enduro use
YT's cheapest Capra gets a killer parts package and an alloy frame... can it match the stellar performance of the carbon models though?
- Great spec for the price, and the geometry is decent too. Easy to get set up on and the bike is well balanced and composed
- I'm missing the X2 shock from the Core 4 bike
YT is expanding their alloy Capra lineup with the addition of two more affordable options.
YT's Capra MK3 offers a great balance of desirable handling and quality construction. Visit The Loam Wolf to learn more and read our review!
- Reasonable pedaling
- Bike park ripping
- Reasonable sensitivity
- Balanced handling traits
- Not the most plow friendly
- Could be more efficient
- EXO+ tire spec
Unlike other manufacturers, YT decided not to take us up on our offer to customise the bike for our bikepark group test. Unfortunately, this left us stuck with the standard tires which are flimsy and prevent you from unlocking the full potential of the bike...
- precise handling
- intuitive handling saves energy, both physically and mentally
- protective frame tape as standard
- weak tires
- poor stability at high speeds and over big jumps
- long seat tube limits freedom of movement
- progressive rear suspension complicates setup
The Capra is back, and now there's room for water bottle.
A one-bike quiver suited to enduro, all-mountain and trail with performance enhanced by RockShox Flight Attendant
- Slick looks; lightweight build; top-performing parts; Flight Attendant improves performance rather than adding unnecessary complication
- Slightly compromised geometry on gnarlier enduro tracks; suspension might be too progressive for some; massively expensive
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry YT Capra 29 CORE 2
|seat_tube_length (mm)||395 mm||420 mm||445 mm||470 mm||495 mm|
|seat_tube_angle||77,7 / 78,0°||77,6 / 77,9°||77,6 / 77,9°||77,6 / 77,9||77,5 / 77,8°|
|head_tube_angle||64,2 / 64,5°||64,2 / 64,5°||64,2 / 64,5°||64,2 / 64,5°||64,2 / 64,5°|
|top_tube_length (mm)||563 mm||586 mm||606 mm||629 mm||652 mm|
|standover (mm)||745 mm||737 mm||735 mm||746 mm||743 mm|
|stack (mm)||625 mm||634 mm||634 mm||643 mm||652 mm|
|reach (mm)||427 mm||447 mm||467 mm||487 mm||507 mm|
|bb_offset (mm)||27 / 22 mm||27 / 22 mm||27 /22 mm||27 /22 mm||27 /22 mm|
Customer questions & answers
FAQ YT Capra 29 CORE 2
Where to buy a YT Capra 29 CORE 2
The Capra 29 CORE 2 may be purchased directly from YT
How heavy is the Bike?
The Capra 29 CORE 2 weights 16,30 kg. Thats roughly 35,9 pounds
What material is the frame of the YT Capra 29 CORE 2?
The YT Capra 29 CORE 2 ist crafted with Aluminum
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer YT?
The SRP Price is our information at 3099 EUR