YT Szepter CORE 3 28
The Szepter CORE 3 by YT is a tough and dependable bike designed for ambitious riders who want high performance on all terrains. It comes with carefully selected premium components that provide long-lasting durability and value for money. The bike boasts a RockShox Rudy XPLR fork, SRAM Rival eTap AXS HRD brakes, and a WTB Speedterra i23 wheelset with a WTB Resolute front tire. With 40mm of front travel and a top-quality groupset, this bike is ideal for riders looking for a no-nonsense, all-conditions option. The SRAM Rival eTap AXS HRD brakes are the standout feature, being the best in their class.
We tested the new YT Industries SZEPTER CORE 4 2023. What’s the gravel gravity bike of the German direct sales brand capable of?
- excellent downhill performance, extremely fun to ride and confidence inspiring
- “braaap“ has just made it into the gravel slang
- consistent spec, attractive price
- good off-road climbing performance despite the weight
- too many design elements
- could do with more mounting points for bags and bottle cages
The YT Szepter rode very well across a range of terrain. If you want one bike to link gravel, tarmac and mtb trails and have a blast whilst you do it, this could be a great option
- +Very capable across a range of terrain
- +Comfortable riding position
- +The inclusion of fork and dropper post inspire confidence
- -Suspension fork and dropper post add additional servicing costs
- -Some riders may want larger tyre clearances
VERDICT: YT’s first gravel bike is comfortable and capable, and should appeal to both roadies and MTB riders in different ways
An upright bike that early indications show is surprisingly comfortable and fun to ride… at a good price
- Clear sense of purpose (it’s a fun bike, not a race bike); good value; confident handling
- Heavy; pigeonholed outside race and bikepacking gravel spheres
When a press email for a new gravel bike starts with “As you know, YT Industries has always been a gravity orientated mountain bike brand…” and both trim levels come with a Rockshox Rudy fork, it hints at what’s to come.
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Geometry YT Szepter CORE 3 28
|seat_tube_length (mm)||450 mm||480 mm||500 mm||530 mm||550 mm|
|top_tube_length (mm)||558 mm||578 mm||593 mm||613 mm||628 mm|
|standover (mm)||740 mm||764 mm||779 mm||796 mm||809 mm|
|stack (mm)||568 mm||587 mm||611 mm||630 mm||644 mm|
|reach (mm)||384 mm||398 mm||407 mm||422 mm||433 mm|
|bb_offset (mm)||61 mm||61 mm||62 mm||62 mm||62 mm|
Customer questions & answers
FAQ YT Szepter CORE 3 28
Where to buy a YT Szepter CORE 3 28
The Szepter CORE 3 28 may be purchased directly from YT
How heavy is the Bike?
The Szepter CORE 3 28 weights 9,80 kg. Thats roughly 21,6 pounds
What material is the frame of the YT Szepter CORE 3 28?
The YT Szepter CORE 3 28 ist crafted with Aluminum
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer YT?
The SRP Price is our information at 3299 EUR