YT Izzo CORE 2
The Izzo CORE 2 is a high-performance mountain bike by YT, designed for precision, speed, and dynamic riding. The bike excels in both climbs and descents, offering energy and quality for singletrack adventures. It comes equipped with top-of-the-line components, including a FOX 34 FLOAT PERFORMANCE fork, a FOX FLOAT DPS PERFORMANCE shock, SRAM G2 R brakes, and a SRAM NX EAGLE 12-speed shifter. The bike's overall travel is 130mm both in the front and the rear. The Izzo CORE 2 has received excellent reviews from bike magazines, making it a top choice for mountain bikers seeking an optimized ride.
Likening the Izzo to a Katana was so unbelievably spot on. It’s agile, responsive and fast, but still packs enough strength in its reserves...
A seriously good XC bike at a cracking price
- Excellent, modern geometry; great spec list; confident descender; more than capable on the climbs
- Direct sale won’t appeal to all
Vital Test Sessions - YT IZZO YT’s dedicated trail bike aims to foster efficiency and speed climbing while maintaining its shred-everything DNA on the way back down.
- Maximizes travel to provide a capable yet forgiving ride quality on descents
- Maintains speed through rough sections without getting hung up
- Compliant frame dampens trail chatter
- Killer price point
- Relaxed pedaling position promotes all-day adventure
- Struggles to maintain and generate speed on low-angle, undulating terrain
- Active design under pedaling forces minimizes efficiency
- Shock lockout switch is hard to reach due to the upside-down shock orientation
- Shorter dropper post makes it hard to shift weight rearward in steep sections
The Izzo lives for tight turns and techy climbs.
- + Excellent climbing performance+ Light and lively
- well suited for rolling terrain+ Very good parts spec for the price
A 120mm travel Izzo option limited to 300 bikes.
YT's short travel Izzo platform goes in for a whet and a grind and comes out sharper than ever.
- Acutely responsive and ruthlessly efficient. Agile and accurate. Good spec for the price.
- Nowhere to hide. Traction/grip is not the best. Doesn’t really need the remote lockout. Front tyre could be more aggressive.
Nimble handling and fast acceleration can be a blast, but its limits lie on steeper tracks
- Fast and fun on the right tracks, the Izzo begs for another lap
- Compromised tyres and brakes hold it back; rear suspension not ideal on gnarlier terrain
While the YT IZZO UNCAGED 7 is pretty intense visually, it’s pleasantly discrete on the trail, with its progressive rear suspension and narrow handlebars making it fast, nimble and easy to ride. However, the Izzo tends to get nervous at high speeds while...
- lockout easy to operate
- nimble and agile downhill
- supportive suspension makes it easy to pump through rollers and berms
- shallow-profiled tires rob you of confidence
- progressive rear suspension struggles to generate traction under braking
- nervous handling at high speed
Stiff, fast, demanding: that’s the IZZO BLAZE in three words. Despite the extra travel, it’s still quite demanding downhill but also rewards experienced riders with lots of speed, fun and airtime, provided you stick to flowing trails. However, for...
- great value for money
- damn fast uphill
- super poppy and direct
- demanding downhill
- paint worn on the seat and chainstays
"With the Izzo, YT has an amazingly versatile, short-travel trail bike on offer that provides a wide range of use from crossing the Alps to hitting local jump lines. Thanks to its short rear end and extremely responsive suspension, the Izzo rides..."
- geringes Gewicht
- guter Vortrieb
- geht extrem gut in die Luft
- sorgt für viel Fahrspaß
- gutes Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
- sitzt sich sehr lang
- nervös in schnellen Passagen
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Geometry YT Izzo CORE 2
|seat_tube_length (mm)||400 mm||425 mm||450 mm||475 mm||500 mm|
|seat_tube_angle||77° / 77,5°||77° / 77,5°||77° / 77,5°||77° / 77,5°||77° / 77,5°|
|head_tube_angle||66° / 66,5°||66° / 66,5°||66° / 66,5°||66° / 66,5°||66° / 66,5°|
|top_tube_length (mm)||566 mm||591 mm||616 mm||641 mm||666 mm|
|standover (mm)||734 mm||727 mm||721 mm||716 mm||734 mm|
|stack (mm)||603 mm||612 mm||621 mm||635 mm||644 mm|
|reach (mm)||429 mm||450 mm||472 mm||492 mm||513 mm|
|bb_offset (mm)||40 / 35 mm||40 / 35 mm||40 / 35 mm||40 / 35 mm||40 / 35 mm|
Customer questions & answers
FAQ YT Izzo CORE 2
Where to buy a YT Izzo CORE 2
The Izzo CORE 2 may be purchased directly from YT
How heavy is the Bike?
The Izzo CORE 2 weights 14,40 kg. Thats roughly 31,8 pounds
What material is the frame of the YT Izzo CORE 2?
The YT Izzo CORE 2 ist crafted with Carbon
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer YT?
The SRP Price is our information at 3199 EUR