Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ
The Specialized Vado SL 5.0 EQ in our big commuter bike group test. Can it assert itself against the top-class competition of 18 capable ebikes?
- good vibration damping
- perfect motor integration
- modular battery concept
- full coverage mudguards let you arrive at the office clean
- comprehensive spec
- chaotic cockpit cable routing
- comparatively low motor support limits range of applications
The original Vado, which launched in 2017, uses a full-size (but still custom) motor with all the power you’d need for high-speed commutes. But, like all full power e-bikes, they’re heavy, and they provide a lot of assist right out of the gate.
Normally, Pascal churns his way up the hill on his 3-speed Dutch bike. So, if he says, “Yeah man, I’m really flying uphill today!” then something special is afoot: it’s the brand new, lightweight Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ with its SL 1.1 motor...
One of the easiest ebikes to live with thanks to its low weight and generous battery range. It’s also a hoot to ride and a genuinely good bike for fitness purposes too
- Natural feeling power delivery; very well tuned motor modes; great brakes; seriously fun handling; secure, positive single-ring drivetrain; low overall weight
- Brake lever rattles; motor slightly underpowered for heavier riders on the hilliest terrain; hard work to maintain speeds above 15.5mph on flat ground; rear rack compatibility
Less is truly more with the new Specialized Turbo Vado SL
- +Incredibly refined motor and power delivery
- +Agile handling gives superb control when weaving around the streets and urban obstacles
- -Future Shock 1.5 may be superfluous for some riders
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ
What material is the frame of the Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ?
The Specialized Turbo Vado SL 5.0 EQ ist crafted with Aluminum
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Specialized?
The SRP Price is our information at 5200 EUR