Specialized Status 160
Vital Review - Specialized Status 160Love this bike A compelling ride for the money, the Status rips!
- Solid frame
- Attractive price point
- Loads of fun on the descents
- Plenty versatile
- Rear rim and tire
- Entry-level parts require more immediate care
With one model, five frame sizes, mixed wheels, two geometry settings and 160mm travel, the mysterious Specialized Status ticks all the right boxes
- Killer value for money
- Sluggish NX shifting, lack of official product info is frustrating
The Specialized Status 160 is the perfect choice for beginners and flow hunters, both because of its affordable price and fun, agile handling. On tight berms, jumps and at slower speeds, the Status was the most fun bike in our bike park test. On the other...
- super-playful and fun handling
- spontaneous on the trail
- fork and brakes limit the performance of the bike
- requires specific suspension setups to suit flow and tech trails
The new Status offers progressive geometry and a solid build at a really good price. It’s not afraid of getting rowdy on the hill and has, so far, soaked up with ease everything I've thrown at it
- Stretched out geometry is great at high-speed; plush suspension and confident angles; really solid build with some great parts for the money
- Short back-end coupled with long front-end adds some liveliness but does affect ride balance in the corners; tyres can feel sketchy in the wet
If the idea of a mixed wheel size mountain bike has seemed like the odd hack or experiment from last decade, look away now. This Specialized Status mountain bike is making the rounds on several of their rider’s instagrams (just search #statusmtb), and...
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Geometry Specialized Status 160
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Specialized Status 160
What material is the frame of the Specialized Status 160?
The Specialized Status 160 ist crafted with Aluminum
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Specialized?
The SRP Price is our information at 3700 EUR