Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon RS
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon RS bike comes with a UD woven carbon fibre frame and has internal cable routing with ISCG 05 mounts. The bike has a RockShox Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2.1 RC2 150mm fork with 42mm offset and a RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT shock. The bike features a Nukeproof Horizon Carbon V2 handlebar with SRAM Code RSC Sintered Pads brakes and a rear derailleur of SRAM AXS X01 Eagle 12-Speed, Red. The bike has DT Swiss XM1700 Spline 30 wheels, and a Maxxis Assegai front tire and Maxxis Dissector rear tire. The bike has a front travel of 150mm and a rear travel of 130mm.
If you’re a rider that’s focused on shredding singletrack rather than bike parks, the Nukeproof Reactor Pro 290 Alloy is a superb mid-travel trail bike
- Superb balance, insanely fast singletrack shredder
- A little lightweight for burlier riders
The Reactor ST isn't as fast as some uphill, but it’s a proper demon when pointed back down
- Surefooted downhill demon; great spec at a reasonable price; good geometry and ride position
- Easy going but not as efficient as some uphill; only slightly lighter than the top-spec Reactor which has more travel and a burlier build
The Nukeproof Reactor ST is exactly that; a short travel version of the all-mountain Reactor, launched last summer. It is a limited edition build available only as a 29er. The ST boasts a lightweight XC build spec with 125mm of rear wheel travel and a 130mm...
Trail Bike Hooligan: Nukeproof Reactor 275 RS Nukeproof's take on the short/mid-travel trail bike turns out to be very capable - and tons of fun to ride.
- Fun factor!
- Confidence-inspiring geometry
- Rear suspension is perfectly balanced small/big hits
- Lyrik Ultimate – plush and well controlled
- Versatile build options
- Flip Chip adjustability
- Average rear hub engagement
- Rims cause snakebites and had tubeless issues in test
- Can be a bit tricky finding the balance between front and rear suspension
- Could have a steeper seat tube angle
- Not the very best pedaling efficiency
- Finish is perfectible
Some bikes seem to dictate the type of rides you'll be going on – a lightweight cross-country whip isn't likely to lead you into the bike park, just like you probably won't find yourself at the start of a hill climb competition aboard a DH bike. It's a...
The Nukeproof Reactor 275 RS is awesome fun to ride. In its 27.5” guise, the Reactor is best suited for a rider looking for a do-it-all trail bike who prioritises fun over flat-out charging. If you want a more planted bike with greater ability to carry...
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon RS
|size||Reactor 290 140mm Fork (Carbon)||Reactor 290 150mm Fork (Carbon)||Reactor 290c ST (130mm Fork)|
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon RS
How heavy is the Bike?
The Reactor 290 Carbon RS weights 13,90 kg. Thats roughly 30,6 pounds
What material is the frame of the Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon RS?
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon RS ist crafted with Carbon
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Nukeproof?
The SRP Price is our information at 5999 GBP
Where das the Brand Nukeproof is originated?
Nukeproof is a Company from Great Britain