Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Factory
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Factory is a powerful mountain bike designed for downhill adventures. Equipped with a Fox 36 Float Factory Series fork with Kashima coating, the bike offers 150mm of front travel and 130mm of rear travel with a Fox Float X Factory Series rear shock. The frame is made of woven carbon fiber and features internal cable routing, Enduro bearings, and ISCG 05 mounts, with 3D contoured rubber protection. The bike also includes Shimano XT M8120 4-pot brakes, a Shimano XT M8100 rear derailleur, and a DT Swiss XM1700 SPLINE 30 wheelset. Front and rear Maxxis tubeless-ready tires complete the bike.
If you’re a rider that’s focused on shredding singletrack rather than bike parks, the Nukeproof Reactor Pro 290 Alloy is a superb mid-travel trail bike
- Superb balance, insanely fast singletrack shredder
- A little lightweight for burlier riders
The Reactor ST isn't as fast as some uphill, but it’s a proper demon when pointed back down
- Surefooted downhill demon; great spec at a reasonable price; good geometry and ride position
- Easy going but not as efficient as some uphill; only slightly lighter than the top-spec Reactor which has more travel and a burlier build
The Nukeproof Reactor 290C Factory proves that the amount of travel alone says very little about the downhill capabilities of a bike: despite having just 130 mm rear travel, we would happily take the Nukeproof to some enduro races! Downhill, the Reactor is...
- well thought-out spec suits the intended purpose
- intuitive, balanced handling
- good suspension
- comfortable pedalling position for long rides
- climbing efficiency
The Reactor range gets a spec overhaul.
The Nukeproof Reactor ST is exactly that; a short travel version of the all-mountain Reactor, launched last summer. It is a limited edition build available only as a 29er. The ST boasts a lightweight XC build spec with 125mm of rear wheel travel and a 130mm...
Trail Bike Hooligan: Nukeproof Reactor 275 RS Nukeproof's take on the short/mid-travel trail bike turns out to be very capable - and tons of fun to ride.
- Fun factor!
- Confidence-inspiring geometry
- Rear suspension is perfectly balanced small/big hits
- Lyrik Ultimate – plush and well controlled
- Versatile build options
- Flip Chip adjustability
- Average rear hub engagement
- Rims cause snakebites and had tubeless issues in test
- Can be a bit tricky finding the balance between front and rear suspension
- Could have a steeper seat tube angle
- Not the very best pedaling efficiency
- Finish is perfectible
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Factory
|size||Reactor 290 140mm Fork (Carbon)||Reactor 290 150mm Fork (Carbon)||Reactor 290c ST (130mm Fork)|
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Factory
How heavy is the Bike?
The Reactor 290 Carbon Factory weights 14,20 kg. Thats roughly 31,3 pounds
What material is the frame of the Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Factory?
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Factory ist crafted with Carbon
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Nukeproof?
The SRP Price is our information at 5299 GBP
Where das the Brand Nukeproof is originated?
Nukeproof is a Company from Great Britain