Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Elite
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Elite is a high-performance mountain bike with a carbon fibre frame, internal cable routing, and 130mm travel. It features Fox 36 Float Performance Elite Series fork and Fox Float X Performance Elite Series shock absorber, Shimano SLX M7120 brakes, Shimano SLX M7100 rear derailleur, and Horizon V2 wheels. The bike can travel 150mm in the front and 130mm in the rear, making it suitable for Enduro racing. Additionally, the bike boasts high resale value.
If you’re a rider that’s focused on shredding singletrack rather than bike parks, the Nukeproof Reactor Pro 290 Alloy is a superb mid-travel trail bike
- Superb balance, insanely fast singletrack shredder
- A little lightweight for burlier riders
The Reactor ST isn't as fast as some uphill, but it’s a proper demon when pointed back down
- Surefooted downhill demon; great spec at a reasonable price; good geometry and ride position
- Easy going but not as efficient as some uphill; only slightly lighter than the top-spec Reactor which has more travel and a burlier build
The Nukeproof Reactor 290C Factory proves that the amount of travel alone says very little about the downhill capabilities of a bike: despite having just 130 mm rear travel, we would happily take the Nukeproof to some enduro races! Downhill, the Reactor is...
- well thought-out spec suits the intended purpose
- intuitive, balanced handling
- good suspension
- comfortable pedalling position for long rides
- climbing efficiency
The Reactor range gets a spec overhaul.
The Nukeproof Reactor ST is exactly that; a short travel version of the all-mountain Reactor, launched last summer. It is a limited edition build available only as a 29er. The ST boasts a lightweight XC build spec with 125mm of rear wheel travel and a 130mm...
Trail Bike Hooligan: Nukeproof Reactor 275 RS Nukeproof's take on the short/mid-travel trail bike turns out to be very capable - and tons of fun to ride.
- Fun factor!
- Confidence-inspiring geometry
- Rear suspension is perfectly balanced small/big hits
- Lyrik Ultimate – plush and well controlled
- Versatile build options
- Flip Chip adjustability
- Average rear hub engagement
- Rims cause snakebites and had tubeless issues in test
- Can be a bit tricky finding the balance between front and rear suspension
- Could have a steeper seat tube angle
- Not the very best pedaling efficiency
- Finish is perfectible
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Elite
|size||Reactor 290 140mm Fork (Carbon)||Reactor 290 150mm Fork (Carbon)||Reactor 290c ST (130mm Fork)|
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Elite
How heavy is the Bike?
The Reactor 290 Carbon Elite weights 14,70 kg. Thats roughly 32,4 pounds
What material is the frame of the Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Elite?
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon Elite ist crafted with Carbon
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Nukeproof?
The SRP Price is our information at 4399 GBP
Where das the Brand Nukeproof is originated?
Nukeproof is a Company from Great Britain