Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy Pro
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy Pro is a high-end mountain bike with a custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for the front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre seat stays, and internal cable routing. It features a RockShox Lyrik Select+ Charger 2.1 RC 150mm fork, a RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT shock, and Nukeproof Horizon V2 handlebars. With SRAM Guide RE brakes and a SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed shifter and rear derailleur, this bike also boasts Nukeproof Neutron V2 wheels and Maxxis Assegai and Dissector 29" tires. With 150mm front travel and 130mm rear travel, this bike is highly sought after and boasts a high resale value.
Riders looking to aim their front wheel down the steepest, roughest tracks will find the Reactor fits the bill
- Smooth suspension paves the way for high-speed fun; decent kit; stout front end
- Bit of a drag on the hills; takes effort to generate speed on flatter terrain
If you’re a rider that’s focused on shredding singletrack rather than bike parks, the Nukeproof Reactor Pro 290 Alloy is a superb mid-travel trail bike
- Superb balance, insanely fast singletrack shredder
- A little lightweight for burlier riders
The Nukeproof Reactor 290C Factory proves that the amount of travel alone says very little about the downhill capabilities of a bike: despite having just 130 mm rear travel, we would happily take the Nukeproof to some enduro races! Downhill, the Reactor is...
- well thought-out spec suits the intended purpose
- intuitive, balanced handling
- good suspension
- comfortable pedalling position for long rides
- climbing efficiency
The Reactor range gets a spec overhaul.
The Nukeproof Reactor ST is exactly that; a short travel version of the all-mountain Reactor, launched last summer. It is a limited edition build available only as a 29er. The ST boasts a lightweight XC build spec with 125mm of rear wheel travel and a 130mm...
Trail Bike Hooligan: Nukeproof Reactor 275 RS Nukeproof's take on the short/mid-travel trail bike turns out to be very capable - and tons of fun to ride.
- Fun factor!
- Confidence-inspiring geometry
- Rear suspension is perfectly balanced small/big hits
- Lyrik Ultimate – plush and well controlled
- Versatile build options
- Flip Chip adjustability
- Average rear hub engagement
- Rims cause snakebites and had tubeless issues in test
- Can be a bit tricky finding the balance between front and rear suspension
- Could have a steeper seat tube angle
- Not the very best pedaling efficiency
- Finish is perfectible
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy Pro
|size||Reactor 290 140mm Fork (Alloy)||Reactor 290 150mm Fork (Alloy)|
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy Pro
How heavy is the Bike?
The Reactor 290 Alloy Pro weights 14,70 kg. Thats roughly 32,4 pounds
What material is the frame of the Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy Pro?
The Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy Pro ist crafted with Carbon
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Nukeproof?
The SRP Price is our information at 3699 GBP
Where das the Brand Nukeproof is originated?
Nukeproof is a Company from Great Britain