Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon Factory
The Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon Factory bike boasts an ultra-strong monocoque UD carbon fibre frame with internally piped cable routing, ISGC 05 mounts and 3D contoured rubber frame protection. Equipped with a Fox 38 Float fork and Float X2 rear shock, this bike has front and rear travel of 170mm and 165mm, respectively. The bike comes with Shimano XT M8120 4-pot brakes and a Shimano XT M8100 12-speed shifter and derailleur. The DT Swiss EX1700 SPLINE 30 wheels and Maxxis Assegai/Minion DHR II tires make for a powerful downhill ride.
Mixed wheel fans can now add the Giga and the Mega to the list of options.
Well-considered changes have made the new Mega feel more dynamic, fun and exciting to ride
- Suspension is easy to set up and feels balanced; geometry works great, with plenty of sizes to choose from; climbs well even with all of this travel; solid spec
- Michelin tyres don’t always give the confidence to really push it on hardpack; uncomfortable saddle
The new Giga definitely deserves its place in the Nukeproof family and is a good fit for the big brother of the Mega. If you’re looking for that downhill bike feeling with a single crown fork, you will definitely find it with the new Giga. The plush...
- Plush and confidence-inspiring suspension
- beautiful looking and covered with protective tape from the factory
- progression of the rear suspension is easily adjustable
- cool features on the frame
- Cable ports and cable routing at the cockpit
- Bolts at the pivot points came loose (we recommend some LOCTITE)
Nukeproof updates its sucessful Mega race bike - revised geometry and extra sizes all with space for a bottle, but is the new Nukeproof Mega 290 better?
- Great geometry, fit, standover and size options, with all riders benefitting from longer dropper posts. Pedals like stink, even with the draggy Michelin tyres. Killer value for a shop-bought enduro bike.
- Rear suspension would benefit from a lighter damping tune on the Fox Float X2 shock. Brake pad rattle will drive you nuts.
Blown Away - Nukeproof's New Mega 290 RS Delivers on All Fronts
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon Factory
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon Factory
How heavy is the Bike?
The Mega 297 Carbon Factory weights 15,70 kg. Thats roughly 34,6 pounds
What material is the frame of the Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon Factory?
The Nukeproof Mega 297 Carbon Factory ist crafted with Carbon
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Nukeproof?
The SRP Price is our information at 5399 GBP
Where das the Brand Nukeproof is originated?
Nukeproof is a Company from Great Britain