Focus JAM² 7.9
The JAM² 7.9 from Focus is an electric mountain bike featuring a Shimano EP8 e-drive and a removable 720Wh battery. It has 150mm front travel with new F.O.L.D. kinematics, reliable Shimano XT shifting components, and precise 4-piston brake. The bike is made of 7005 hydroformed aluminium with internal cable routing, a USB-C port, and post mount 203mm. The JAM² 7.9 has a FOX 36 suspension fork and a Float X enduro rear shock. Developed in Germany, this bike is perfect for those who want to explore nature on an e-bike.
The FOCUS JAM² 7.9 is the Volvo among eMTBs, impressing with painstaking attention to detail and top-notch build quality. The FOCUS feels at home on long tours, where it offers the same excellent level of comfort as the MERIDA and Moustache. On singletracks,...
- intuitive handling
- countless lovingly-implemented detail solutions
- good integration of the motor/battery system
- high total permissible weight
- suspension doesn’t offer enough support at high speeds
- internally-routed cables are bent in the cockpit area
Focus has found an excellent balance that translates to on-trail enjoyment, so long as you aren’t in a rush up the hills
- Well thought-out spec; neat frame storage; looks smart; a lot of fun on the trail
- A bit hefty in weight; CIS stem adds complication if you want/need to change it
First ride review of the 2022 FOCUS JAM 8.9. Is this the perfect toy for grownups and can it deliver on the trail with its budget spec?
- all-rounder qualities
- clever cable routing
- value for money
- gets nervous at high speeds
- stiff dropper remote
- cockpit could be taller for the descents
The Jam's carbon front triangle now has built in snack storage.
Focus is one of the first brands to announce an e-bike fitted with the new Bosch Performance CX motor, and we've ridden it
- Versatile, back-to-basics trail e-bike with strong motor and excellent range from 625Wh battery.
- Good value.
- Not the most agile, dynamic e-bike.
- Control units are still oversized and vulnerable.
0 out of 5 (no reviews yet)
Be the first, and share your expericence with this bike!Write Review
Bikes from this Series
Geometry Focus JAM² 7.9
No Geometry data yet
Customer questions & answers
FAQ Focus JAM² 7.9
How heavy is the Bike?
The JAM² 7.9 weights 24,80 kg. Thats roughly 54,7 pounds
What material is the frame of the Focus JAM² 7.9?
The Focus JAM² 7.9 ist crafted with Aluminum
What is the recommended price given by the manufacturer Focus?
The SRP Price is our information at 6499 EUR
Where das the Brand Focus is originated?
Focus is a Company from Germany